Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Skinny Tires Don't Like Slush

I was able to finally get on my bike for the first time in a week yesterday but it wasn't the mood lifting experience I was expecting.  A week off of my bike on top of barely riding at all for the last month all combined to make my legs feel like leaden lumps.  I was able to get in twenty couple miles which took me an embarrassingly long time. All the excitement of the last week has faded under 5 inches of snow this past weekend and even as I am typing this more is coming down. Every time I want to start grumbling I have to think of our fellow biking enthusiasts that live in weather which is much less conducive to riding in winter. I think this church marquee pretty much says it all.

I just found out the other day that I will be hiking the Appalachian Trail for 2-3 weeks this summer!  I am quite excited about this because I have always wanted to hike the AT but never could quite get up the fortitude. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to hike with her and I was at first somewhat hesitant, mostly just because my nature is to over analyze everything I do. After some thought I realized that if I continued thinking like this that I would never get out on the AT so I told her I would go.  Sometimes you do have to sit back and think about what you are about to do but other times the best thing to do is to leap and hope you come out okay on the other end. (Yes I am being a bit over dramatic but this is quite a leap for me.)

Fortunately I was able to get some other pictures with my new camera so the ride wasn't a total loss. I haven't done much shooting with it but so far it has proven to be much more camera than the old clunker I used to have.





This coming week I am fleeing this frigid clime and heading to Belize to visit a friend. If all goes well I should be back around the 11th. I know that this has been a rather bland post but to be honest I am feeling rather bland. Maybe this vacation is just what  I need to shake these mid-winter blues.

Till next time,

No comments: