Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just Can't Get Enough

Of this weather that is!  After months of snow, ice, and cold, the another month and a half of being teased by occasional temps above 50, I now can hardly find weather that I don't like. We have had some torrential rains lately but the rivers are finally down to the point I can finally ford them if I need to cross one with my mtb.  Quite a few things have happened since I lasted posted. I have replaced my old Giant TCX with a Salsa Casseroll for one.  I am loving this bike for commuting and casual road riding. Last week I put on some fenders so I am ready to ride even if it rains.


I also have had to buy a new camera. My old LX3 was used hard for over a year and a few drops, rain, and outright crashes have finally caused it to be totally inoperable. I bought this camera mostly because it is almost the twin of my old camera with the added bonus of almost twice the zoom. I am constantly amazed at the pictures this thing can take.




Before you think I'm going all feminine with the flowers I did take some shots of my bikes as well as a few obligatory self-portraits taken while riding.






This past Saturday I had to get in some miles. All day Friday the rain poured down and it barely hit 50. Saturday morning I loaded up my Roubaix and hit the road. I only got in 30 miles but it really felt nice to stretch my legs for the first time in a week.  I started out with arm warmers but had barely went three miles when I shed those and didn't put them back on for the rest of the ride. The end stats said I biked 30.4 miles at an average speed of 18.0 mph with around 1200 feet of climbing. All in all a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

Now that I have a camera that works and I now have more to take pictures of than barren trees and ice, I plan to start posting a little more often. You have my word on that.

Til next time,

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

I have to say the feminine flowers are quite lovely. The third of the flowers is calendar worthy.