Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Break

Here is a few pictures showing how I spent my time off this past Christmas/New Years break.


Joseph and Ben on top of Oak Knob Christmas Eve


Blueberry Trail


After a big Christmas lunch Joey and I head up toward Reddish


View of the Valley from close to Flagpole


Joey railing a fire road. As you can see we are cutting the daylight close.


It is now dark and we are having to push our bikes up some of the most rutted out fire road you will ever see. 


The next day Ben and I drive to Mt. Jackson for a pavement and gravel loop through Fort Valley


My Specialized Roubaix at the Meem's Bottom covered bridge





This is me showing off my gravel road skills; or lack thereof!


The climb to the top of Massanutten after being forced to re route due to a traffic crash


After a crazy gravel descent Ben and I ended up crossing the South Fork of the Shenandoah near a disused dam of some sort.


Stopping at Sheetz for a bathroom break


Joey fording Ramsey's Draft on Bridge Hollow Trail


Hammerin' back to the car!


New Year's Eve Ben and I get together again for another road loop. This is looking west from 613 toward Little North Mt.


Refuel in Timberville gas station. I overheard some of the local guys talking to Ben and they couldn't believe we had come all the way from Dayton. Then he told them we were biking back. :)


This is what happens when you ride on wet and dirty roads for 500 miles and don't wash your bike!


Peace on earth, goodwill toward men!

Til next time,

1 comment:

Amelia Marie said...

Fascinating... keep it up!
-Amy