Thursday, July 1, 2010

Adios, Maybe

As you may have picked up if you have been reading my blog for the last couple months I have been planning on hiking the Appalachian Trail and finally the eve of my trip has arrived. Along with this some nasty stomach problems and a sore throat that hurts so bad that I can barely eat or even drink.  I still haven't decided whether I should pull the plug on my trip or forge on and hope that I can heal while putting in 15-20 miles a day on some pretty steep terrain.  I hope I can go or the last month of list-making and conditioning have all been for naught.  Well we will just have to see what another day brings.

I was able to get out in the woods last weekend and put in some miles with my friend Conrad. We only hiked 12-14 miles but it was nice to get my kit figured out as well as see what kind of shape I am in. If I do indeed go I should be okay except for blisters which seem to plague me no matter what shoes or socks I wear. After a month or no major biking or especially picture taking I have finally gotten some which I think are rather good considering my lack of talent and decent picture editing software.

Well I thought I would get you some pics to look at but my internet would probably be outrun by a sub-par glacier.

The throat condition I currently have precludes spending much more time on this post.

Till next time,

No comments: