Friday, February 25, 2011

Still Slogging Thru the Snow

We have been occasionally getting glimpses of spring but just when the inhabitants of the Great
Valley start getting soft we get hit with another round of snow and ice.  This past Wednesday I decided to get in a short ride after work with one of the guys I work with.  We had a little trouble with the thin layer of snow that was still on the shaded side of Trimble Mt.  We were lucky enough to hit the trail when there was ice and hoar frost on the trees and bushes.  There was almost a visible line where the trees turned from ugly dull brown to brilliant white as we climbed higher.  Usually I find it hard to stop and take any decent pictures but this time I had to wait for my coworker so I took a few as I sat beside the trail.




As you have seen by my past posts I often go riding alone, hence the almost total absence of pictures of me unless they are cheesy self-portraits.  Luckily I had James B. along to take a few snap shots of yours truly. I really like the look of Gnat's dynamic photos so I guess you can say I ripped him off on this one.



After all the artsy picture taking it was getting late. I was worried we would get stuck on the trail with no light but luckily we were able to get off the mountain before it got too dark and lived to ride Trimble another day.

I don't know about you but I can't wait for days above 60 degrees and that thing called sunshine!

Til next time,

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

Wonderful photos! You should make a wall stand-out out of the last one.