Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rapha Continental: The Movie

Over the past year I have been following the exploits of Rapha Continental. They consist of dedicated riders sponsored by the Rapha cycling wear company that seek out the best rides across America. They then document the rides and produce amazing videos and pictures to chronicle their experiences. Just in the past week they revealed a short clip/movie about their rides during 2010. The cinematography is amazing and the soundtrack is sublime. I often try to explain to all my non-cycling friends why there is almost no other place I would be but sweating my way up a 6 mile climb or riding till parts of me are so sore I have to pedal standing up to mitigate the agonizing bolts of pain emanating from my backside. They usually just look at me like they can't decide if now is that time I should be committed, or maybe they should just wait for a little and hope that this addiction will wear off. The riders in this movie explain exactly what it is that compels us as cyclists to willingly go places and do things that most rational human beings would only do under threat of bodily harm.

Enjoy!


Rapha Continental – The Movie from RAPHA on Vimeo.


Till next time,

No comments: