Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Last Month

I really don't have any inspiration for something to write so I will let the pictures speak for themselves.



I had to lean over and put my camera almost on the pavement to get this picture


It looks sunny but is actually not even 50 degrees; hence the wind jacket.
Looks like I need a haircut!


This is near the top of Camp Run Rd. At one spot it was steeper than 20%


An abandoned house between Bergton and Criders 

Lumber Mill Rd


Bergton Store


Ben at speed on a gravel forest road.


The view from the top of Old Rag Mt. Unfortunately it was very hazy.




If you look close you can see the helicopter that was sent to airlift a rock climber off the mountain. It was different to look down to see it!


I'm happy that we are climbing up Shenandoah Mt. on 250


Overlooking Sugar Grove from the east. Shenandoah Mt is behind me and Moyers Gap is the split in the mountain just behind the buildings.



My brother's dog Roy looking really relaxed.


Mountain Laurel


My friends who hiked with me to the top of Old Rag


Storm clouds over Mt. Solon Rd


Mole Hill in the evening




Riding to my friend Ben's house at 6am to set out on what turned out to be a 108 mile ride.


Yet another picture of me on my Casseroll. I am pedaling along the Cowpasture River and you can almost see the dread on my face as I steel myself to climb up the backside of Reddish Knob.


The climb is so steep we had to stand up so we could use some different muscle groups. Even that gave us almost no relief from the unrelenting grade.


Early morning overlooking the Atlantic Ocean near Corolla NC.

Right now I am in Kansas at the Goering family reunion. It is eye opening to be shown a landscape that is so unlike the rolling hills of the Shenandoah Valley. We are staying near Newton which is not too far from the home of the Adventure Monkey who lives in Emporia

I hope the rest of the summer was as productive and exciting as the first part!

Til next time,

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

Nice photos! I love the one of Roy.